Dear advertiser, solicitor, or catalog mailer,
Please remove our name from your mailing list.
The mailing label is attached below.
[tape mailing label here]
If you purchase or rent your mailing list from another firm, please provide
us their name, address and phone so that we may contact them directly.
Please use only responsible mailing list vendors who honor opt-out requests.
We wish to preserve scarce forest resources and lessen problems of
waste removal by not receiving unsolicited mailings.
Since this will save you money, you will be doing something good
for both of us as well as for the environment.
Some environmental facts about unsolicited mail:
- The majority of household waste consists of unsolicited mail.
- 100 million trees are ground up each year for unsolicited mail.
- It wastes 28 billion gallons of water for paper processing each year.
- More than half of unsolicited mail is discarded unread or unopened;
the response rate is less than 2%.
- The result is more than 4 million tons of paper waste each year.
- It is difficult to recycle, as the inks have high concentrations of heavy metals.
- $320 million of local taxes are used to dispose of unsolicited mail each year.
- Scarce landfill space disfigures rural areas and pollutes ground water.
Some positive things you can do to help the environment:
- Respectfully honor and process opt-out requests.
- Provide clear and accessible opt-out instructions on your mailings.
- Urge postal authorities to provide opt-out service on "resident" mailings.